G4S Investigation Solutions (UK) Ltd, trading as The Cotswold Group, is the UK’s leading supplier of investigation solutions to the UK Insurance industry. We are seeking Surveillance Operatives to join our team to conduct static, foot and mobile surveillance.
We recruit according to geographical and technical need and host induction and training courses throughout the year. We are seeking operatives throughout the UK and Ireland, but in particular the areas of London and the South East of England.
- To work within a managed structure and undertake covert surveillance operations with the purposes of obtaining video evidence of a subject.
- To observe and film a subject in accordance with relevant legislation and our code of conduct.
- To maintain accurate and detailed records of observations and provide evidence at court as required.
- To investigate and carryout enquiries and investigations as directed by the Area Manager.
- This is a home based role and you will be supplied with a company vehicle to travel to and from daily operations.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Satisfy all vetting requirements to BS7858 standard.
- May have previous experience (although not essential) of surveillance and/or investigation.
- Hold a full Driving License for 2 years and a current Passport.
- Have high levels of concentration and patience, with good observational skills, intelligence and tactical awareness.
- Have good driving ability and be physically fit to carry out foot surveillance.
- Be prepared to work flexible working hours and in sometimes challenging conditions.
- Be able to accurately record evidence and be prepared to provide evidence in court if required.
- Be calm and adaptable in ever changing situations.
The Cotswold Group Surveillance Training Program
The Cotswold Group has been providing a covert surveillance service to the Insurance industry for over 28 years and offers a unique and comprehensive program of training and development to all our teams. We recruit, fully employ and train our investigators using qualified instructors.
For those that demonstrate the desired core skills during recruitment, we provide an opportunity to train and work to the highest of professional standards set above industry norms.
Following the successful completion of the vetting process, you will attend a two-week residential course during which we will teach you the skills of both foot and mobile surveillance alongside the legal and ethical policies that guide our daily activity.
We will provide you with a company vehicle and all the equipment you need to fulfil the role.
Thereafter, you will enter a 3 month mentoring program and subject to fortnightly assessments in order to track and support your development. If deemed at the appropriate level at 3 months service your appointment will be confirmed and you will continue in your role undergoing continuous feedback and training in support of our quality agenda.
You will be paid from the moment you commence training, which is supplied free of charge to all employees that remain with the company beyond 12 months.
Salary and Terms
It is a full-time role for which you will commence on a salary of £20,000 per year rising to £22,000 after 2 years, with additional salary increases for high achievers and those eligible for promotion within our management structure within this period up to £24,000.
A weighting allowance may be paid for those who reside within the M25 area.
Overtime is available and paid at enhanced rates of time and a half and double pay subject to deployment days.
25 days paid Holiday per year plus Public Holidays, Company Pension Scheme and other benefits are provided.
Hours of Work
40 hours per week, plus overtime, working 6 days, then 4 days over a two week roster (weekend working is required).