We are seeking someone to look after all things BI/MI related for our business.
This role will be primarily to provide reports to the internal business (Financial, performance and operations) but also to our clients (Performance and Financial). The successful candidate will maintain and produce reports on our existing reporting environment (MSSQL, Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, SSRS) but will also be able to migrate data to MYSQL and use front end tools such as Google Data Studio. An insurance and/or financial background would be advantageous.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Working closely with both internal and external stakeholders, understanding and interpreting their reporting requirements and providing reports that meets their expectations.
- Working with stakeholders to capture additional metrics to help enhance our existing data set
- Working with stakeholders to create additional data warehouses and further enhance our existing reporting capabilities
- Use Third Party API’s to enhance and/or validate our existing data
- Automate as many reports as possible using SSRS and Google Data Studio
- Ad-hoc analysis/reporting as required by Directors and Business functions
- Analysing the reporting results to help the business make better commercial and operational decisions.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of producing reporting and BI through the use of SSRS and Google Data Studio
- Experience of designing data structures and optimising performance
- Experience working with complex data structures
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Effective communicator with good organisational skills
- Experience of presenting technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to adapt & change reporting requirements to suit business needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage / prioritise workload
- Able to prioritise multiple tasks and work under pressure for senior business people
- Design and development of physical & logical data models (data warehousing knowledge).
- Very good MSSQL and MYSQL knowledge and experience
£35,000-45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension & Sick Pay
- Access to G4S 'Perks at Work' Employee Benefits
- Flexible working hours, but primarily based at our head office in Tewkesbury
- On site canteen
- On site parking
- Convenient location next to J9 M5